Dear Loyal Guests,
We know that safety is important to you, as it is to us, and we have been hard at work putting together a plan to ensure every detail is accounted for.
We continue to constantly monitor expert information from Public Health and Government Agencies, to inform our decisions. We also remain in constant communication with our diligent Vendors and Colleagues at the Restaurant Association of Maryland, to assess the risk and continue to develop best practices.
Fortunately, most of the everyday procedures we have been following for years, to ensure food safety and sanitation, are the same things recommended to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
Here are some of the steps we’re taking to ensure your safety at Miss Shirley's Cafe (last updated 2/21/21):
- Ongoing adherence to a zero-tolerance sick policy, and strict team member health protocols, requiring team members who do not feel well to stay home and seek proper health care
- Requiring daily Team Member Wellness & Temperature checks be complete, prior to each shift
- Requiring team members to wear face masks, as well as gloves, which must be changed regularly throughout the shift
- Requiring frequent hand washing, as well as regular adherence to all Food Safety standards and protocols, after contact
- Yearly complementary Flu Shots offered to all team members
- Using only vendors & partners with outstanding hygiene and sanitation policies. Our vendors maintain an NSF International certification, which ensures that all products are hygienically clean, disinfected and free from disease-causing bacteria and pathogens.
- Hand Sanitizer Dispensers available throughout the restaurants, including at all Guest, Team Member & Delivery Entrances and Exits
- Strict, regimented cleaning, sanitizing and disinfecting procedures
- Professional grade electrostatic technology and disinfection agents applied by a local vendor
- Following Governmental mandates, requiring that Guests suppy Contact Information prior to being seated, to assist with contact tracing efforts
- Additional signage regarding 6 ft distancing, and instituting separate Entrance/Exit doors, to further encourage social distancing
- Requiring guests over 5 years old to wear face coverings on premise, when not eating at their table, and providing bags for guests to safely store their masks, during their meal
- Reduced guest capacity in waiting areas, dining rooms, patios & outside areas, to adhere to social distancing guidelines
- Utilizing a Text Alert seating system, while encouraging guests to enjoy a walk, or relax in vehicles to listen to music, socialize or play a game, while waiting for tables, to prevent crowds at entrances & on patios
- Reconfiguring restaurant layouts to distance tables 6-10 feet apart, with plenty of open space, to increase guest comfort
- Adding plexiglass screens in various areas throughout the restaurants
- Installing new Pickup Windows in Roland Park & Annapolis to increase social distancing
- Offering a Virtual Menu, as well as disposable paper menus upon request
- Removing all pre-set materials on guest tables, including Mugs, Rolled Flatware, Condiments, Table Tents & Dessert Menus
- Condiments available upon request in single-use containers
- Offering new contactless payment methods, including QR Codes for Mobile Pay & handheld Chip Readers
We are grateful for your continued loyalty, as we find ways to continue serving the community, as well as providing our valued guests with the comfort of Miss Shirley's Signatures, with enhanced safety measures in place, during an unfamiliar time.
We have taken enhanced health and safety measures—for Guests, Team Members, & Vendors. You must follow all posted instructions while on premises of Miss Shirley’s Cafe. An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present. COVID-19 is an extremely contagious disease that can lead to severe illness and death. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, senior citizens and Guests with underlying medical conditions are especially vulnerable. While on premises of Miss Shirley's Cafe you voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19. Help keep each other healthy.