With September comes cooler weather and plentiful Fall produce, including one of our favorites - Brussels Sprouts!
If you're looking for a quick & easy side dish for Lunch or Dinner, Shirley's Fall Brussels Sprouts Salad with Granny Smith Apples, Dried Cranberries & Apple Cider Vinaigrette is a perfect option!
Get the recipe below, and be sure to follow Miss Shirley's on Pinterest for more of our Southern Recipes!
BRUSSELS SPROUTS SALAD (Yields: 2 cups)
- 3 oz apple cider vinegar
- 1 oz fresh lemon juice
- 8 oz olive oil
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- ½ tsp fresh chopped thyme
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
Brussels Sprouts Salad
- 16 oz shredded brussels sprouts
- ½ each red onion, thinly sliced
- ½ each granny smith apples, skin off diced
- ¼ c dried cranberries
- ½ c dressing
1. Mix vinegar, lemon juice, maple syrup, mustard, thyme, salt and pepper together well with a whisk. Slowly drizzle in olive oil, while whisking, until combined.
2. Place brussels sprouts, sliced onion, diced apples and dried cranberries in a bowl.
3. Add dressing and toss until evenly mixed. Season with salt & pepper to taste, if needed.
4. Serve immediately or refrigerate for up to 3-4 days.